What are the costs with getting a professional website?
Since I get this general question quite frequently I decided to address it as best I could… in general terms of course. Every website or project I take on is unique so there is honestly no set answer to such a vague inquiry but maybe this will give you a better understanding of what’s involved in determining costs and quotes.
Typically there are three basic costs:
- Getting the website built (the highest cost) – this is where a web developer / designer will actually build your site in a software program. A website simply put is a lot of files. Graphics and text are woven together around a common theme. The cost for developing the site can be anywhere from $500 to $2000 and up, depending on size and functions of the site. For most basic small business sites, the cost will run between $500 and $1000. This cost is a one-time investment for a tool you own and can continue to use for communication and marketing.
- Hosting – Once the site is built, it must be hosted on a public server so the general public can access it through their internet provider. Hosting costs vary. They can run anywhere from $4 to $50 per month. Again this is based on the website functionality and the amount of traffic anticipated for the website. The space provided for your site on the server should have ample room for high traffic (bandwidth) … ours do. When a site doesn’t have enough bandwidth, the web visitor finds the site slow loading and difficult to access. The hosting package should have at least one email address that can be accessed through the web….ours offer unlimited email accounts. The Hosting package should have a reliable track record of maintaining high dependability… Georgia Web Development hosts on servers with 99.9% up-time guarantee. In case your wondering there is no such thing as a 100% up-time guarantee for a hosting server … anywhere.
- Domain Name Registration– a domain name is the web address where users find your web site (www.yourcompany.com). Domain names are unique and cannot be duplicated. The cost for registering a unique domain name is about $35 per year.
Additional Costs Vary and can include:
- Email services with multiple email accounts.
- Internet marketing services – researching how best to promote your site and get the maximum visibility, drawing more visitors to your site.
- Maintenance services – updating the site continually, making changes, adding pages, delivering web statistic reports, and more.
- E-commerce sites that require extensive database coding and/or payment gateways.
So if you really want a more accurate and precise figure for your specific website or project then I encourage you to download, complete, and submit our FREE Project Planner. There is no-obligation and the quote is free and confidential.
Georgia Web Development