Mobile eCommerce or Mobile Commerce is growing rapidly. As of March 2015, studies now indicate that about 29% of mobile users have made a purchase with their smartphones. Mobile eCommerce retail sales are expected to top $67 billion in 2015.
The phrase mobile commerce was originally coined in 1997 by Kevin Duffey at the launch of the Global Mobile Commerce Forum, to mean “the delivery of electronic commerce capabilities directly into the consumer’s hand, anywhere, via wireless technology. Many choose to think of Mobile Commerce as meaning “a retail outlet in your customer’s pocket.”
The trend presents significant challenges and opportunities for retailers, who are now tasked with optimizing their sites for mobile and finding new ways to reach and engage customers on their mobile smartphones and tablets.
Engage mobile device shoppers by insuring your eCommerce website is optimized for a variety of mobile devices.
As a first step in engaging mobile customers, make sure your store site is optimized for a variety of mobile devices. Make a priority to continually re-evaluate your end-to-end mobile device shopping experience to accommodate your eCommerce sites’ visitors ever changing needs and behaviors.
- Are your mobile device interface (menus & buttons) intuitive?
- Are images and pull-down menus re-sizing correctly?
- Is your mobile device search function easy to find and use?
- Are ratings and reviews displaying prominently on mobile devices?
- Is your Checkout optimized for mobile devices?
- Are mobile device customers easily able to share products and purchases on their social networks?
Insuring that your eCommerce website is optimized for all devices including PC, smartphones, and tablets is a must. If you’re planning on launching your first online eCommerce website or you are updating your existing eCommerce website to optimize it for mobile devices we offer unparalleled assistance in approaching your eCommerce project.
– Mark D. Hulett is an accomplished website developer and website designer at Georgia Web Development. His experience and working knowledge of small business website development & website design spans more than a decade.