Mobile Device Friendly – Responsive Website Design
Dinosaur meet Mobile Device Friendly Responsive Website Design
Is your current website more of a dinosaur than it is digital? Dinosaur meet Responsive Website Design or (RWD) for short. On February 26, 2015 Google officially announced that beginning April 21, 2015 it would be expanding it’s use of mobile device friendliness as a search ranking signal. This much welcomed change will impact mobile device searches in all languages across the globe.
Google’s announcement came as no surprise to us here at Georgia Web Development. For more than a year now we’ve been advocating the necessity of updating old websites to accommodate mobile devices. We’ve also done our best to let online retailers know about the importance of optimizing eCommerce websites for mobile devices. You can relax and rest easy if you’re a client of ours already. If we built your small business website or eCommerce website it will pass Google’s Mobile Device Usability Test with flying colors.
The new changes to the mobile device friendliness signal will have a significant impact across search results. The goal is to make it much easier for search users to retrieve high quality, relevant search results that are mobile device friendly. That’s a genuine gesture and a great commitment to mobile device user experience on behalf of Google. It’s also a commitment that we’re very passionate about as well when designing and developing great websites and eCommerce shops… mobile device friendly – responsive website design.
Recent Mobile Device Friendly – Responsive Website Design Projects
So What Is Responsive Website Design?
Responsive website design or (RWD) is a website design approach that is geared towards designing and coding websites to provide the optimal viewing experience across a wide range of devices. From mobile phones to desktop computer monitors RWD places top priority on navigation and easy reading with the least amount of re-sizing, scrolling, and panning.
In 2015 the real question website owners should be asking themselves is this. Is my website a convoluted mess of versions for different devices or even worse, a single version that renders horribly on different devices like smartphones and tablets?
A responsive website adapts the layout to the viewing environment by using fluid, proportion-based grids, flexible images, and CSS3 media queries. A few years ago we “officially” moved beyond the necessity of having a separate mobile website. Responsive Website Design made that possible. In 2015 the real question website owners should be asking themselves is this. Is my website a convoluted mess of versions for different devices or even worse, a single version that renders horribly on different devices like smartphones and tablets?
Notwithstanding Google’s February 26, 2015 announcement the case for re-designing your outdated website into a new mobile device friendly – responsive website design has never been stronger. As was predicted, 2014 was the year that Mobile Devices outpaced PC access to the internet. As early as January 2014 the tide turned. Last year more Americans were using smart-phones and tablets than PC’s when browsing the internet. In 2015 you can expect the number of smart-phone and tablet browsers to climb even more.
Mobile devices alone accounted for 55% of Internet usage in the United States in January 2014. If those facts aren’t enough to make a case for responsive website design there’s more. As consumers are now using smartphones as their preferred way to look up information while on the go, mobile local search is expected to exceed desktop search for local information in the next three years.
Awesome & Affordable Mobile Device Friendly – Responsive Website Design
Our Responsive Website Design Expertise Includes:
- eCommerce Websites – Mobile Friendly Responsive Design – complete eCommerce website development & responsive design utilizing both open source and proprietary eCommerce software that’s trusted by more than 180,000+ online retailers including industry giants like Nike & OfficeMax. Our eCommerce content management solutions are unparalleled in design, performance, reliability, and security. We provide responsive eCommerce website design for both Magento and WooCommerce eCommerce content management systems.
- Small Business Websites – Mobile Friendly Responsive Design – complete development & custom responsive website design utilizing both open source and proprietary CMS (content management software) that’s trusted by thousands of U.S. Small Businesses. Our Small Business responsive designed websites are unparalleled in ease of use, design, performance, reliability, and security. We specialize in both WordPress and static HTML responsive website solutions.
- Corporate Websites – Mobile Friendly Responsive Design – complete development & custom responsive website design utilizing both open source and proprietary CMS (content management software) that’s trusted by thousands of major Corporations worldwide. Our Corporate responsive website solutions are second to none in mobile friendliness, scalability, performance, reliability, and security. We specialize in a number of robust Corporate responsive website solutions such as WordPress and DNN (formerly DotNetNuke) just to name a few.
- Community & Discussion Forums – Mobile Friendly Responsive Design – complete development, deployment, & responsive mobile friendly forums that are designed utilizing both open source and proprietary forum software solutions. The responsive designed forums software that we deploy are trusted to power discussion forums and community boards all over the world. Our forum solutions are unmatched in performance, reliability, and security. We work with numerous Forum Software Applications such as vBulletin, MYBB, BBPress, phpBB, Simple Machines, and a few others.
Partners & Technologies Used
- Google officially announced that beginning April 21, 2015 it will be expanding it’s use of mobile device friendliness as a search ranking signal
- Mobile device web surfing is growing at an astronomical pace
- Most websites aren’t optimized for mobile devices via Responsive Website Design or (RWD)
- Mobile Devices are constrained by display size and therefore require a (RWD) approach in how content is presented on screen
- There’s a ton of different screen sizes across phones, tablets, desktops, game consoles, and even TVs
- Device screen sizes will always be changing
- It’s critical that your website can adapt to any screen size, today or well into the future
- Responsive Website Design (RWD) is a no-brainer if you don’t want your brand being perceived as a dinosaur
FREE Mobile Device Friendly – Responsive Website Design Testing, Consultations, & Project Quotes
We’re here to offer our FREE, expert responsive website design experience without any fancy sales pitches thrown in (we promise). Simply use the form on the bottom of this page to send us your responsive website design questions or request a free quote on a mobile device friendly website design project. You can even include a phone number (optional) and we’ll call you.
Mark D. Hulett is the Senior Website Developer & Designer at Georgia Web Development. His experience and working knowledge of eCommerce website development and design spans more than a decade.